Maint plan fails with unable to access device

• Hello

I am pretty new to dealing with SQL(08)

I had set up maint plans for backing up DB.

It had all worked fine for months until Friday when my supervisor removed the 'users' group from the root E:

I was using E:\backups to store the .bak file.

He said the 'users' group should not be there as it was giving too much access to certain directories.

I think he caused the 'unable to access..' error

and we should keep the 'users' at the root E: and assign restrictions to the shares

Am I right?

• I would say that the answer is yes the User group likely granted access to the Service account that SQL Server Agent starts on. you may not have to have the user group added but the service account for the agent would most defenitley need that access.

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.

• Hello

thank you for replying

How do I check what account is being used for that purpose - I believe we used the domain admin acct for sql

if so, I know that the domain admin is already added to the E:

permissions with full control

?

thanks

• Open the SQL Server configuration manager and right click on the agent and selct properties. In the properties window you will find the login informaiton. this is also where you would change that.

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.

• Thanks

I did that, I added that account to the folder and tested - OK

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply