Main report on demand and subreport from Cache

• (I don't think my one posted...)

Since my main report has User!UserID as one of the parameters, I can't set the main report to cache a temporary copy.  I've created a subreport which does not have User!UserID as a parameters and can be cached.  Is there any way I can get my main report to run on demand but have the subreport to use the cached copy?  Even when I set my subreport to cache a temporary copy, my main report still executes the subreport with freshest data.  I know this because I cached the subreport. Then I change the data behind the report and ran the main report.  The main report always pulls the freshest data for the subreport and never from cache.  Is there anyway around it? 

Thanks  

• Ting,

I have a master report where each cell is the aggregate of all companies. I have a detail report which is a sub report for the master report. When the user clicks on the cell, it takes the user to the sub report and gives the detail breakdown of the cell value. After reading your question, I went to the sub report and clicked on the execution of the sub report and changed the report to cache a temporary copy of the report. Expire copy of report after a number of minutes to 30 Minutes. Now I went to the master report and drill down to the sub report. The system gave me the fresh report. I changed the value of a field in the table and went back to the main report and refreshed main report. Now, I drill down to the sub report and guess what !! The sub report is still showing the old values. All I can say is, the sub report is displayed from cached reports.

Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply