Mailing Results from forms

• I have a problem! I have been asked to automate the Goods Return forms for when people are not happy with there products they have bought from us!!

This is currently all paper Driven.

The customer calls in and one of the Sales team uses a Paper form which has got the relevant fields on it.

[Unique No]

[Customer Name]

[Address]

[Date Advised]

Quantity

[Item(s) to be Returned]

[Invoice No]

[Reason for Return]

[Quantity Returned]

All these fields have to be filled in. This piece of paper has a carbon copy attached to it. This copy is sent to someone in stores who looks at the data and checks to see if the items are scrapped or if they can be repaired.

Also there is another person who needs this information. This is the Quality Assurance Manager. He would like to create a trend forecast to see what is being damaged and in what way?

I have created a Table with the relevant fields on it similar to the one above. I have also created another table called Damage Type. This has got different codes which can be selected from a drop down list.

This is how I want the Automation to work!!

The Sales Team will have access to the Intranet. Within the Intranet will be a form which is called Good's Returned. The form will look identical to the paper driven one. Once a Customer is completed, they will press a button and this will then create a copy of the Form for the Quality Assurance Manager in CSV format and it will also mail the person in stores.

Can this be done? I'm having problems in actually starting this project in the case that i don't know where to start! ....lol

Thanks

• You might want to look into using BizTalk for this.  It is designed to automate business processes through messaging.  I think you could automate the process without it, but it will require a good bit of code in an insert trigger for the table.  Biztalk will allow you to define the process and then eaisly modify it later.  It uses SQL Server for all of its storage and XML for the messaging.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply