LT and GT signs cause text to disappear

• If I put LT and GT signs around some text, it doesn't display

For example, I will use th LT & GT on one line, and Parentheses on the other line, everything else being the same:

This is a test (of characters) in my post

This is a test in my post

Notice that the LT & GT and text in between were dropped.

• Hi there

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is a limitation of our forum system - it is taking care to strip out HTML tags that shouldn't be allowed in forum posts, but in this case it's unfortunately also removing punctuation that should be allowed.

Members using Internet Explorer will not experience this issue and their angled brackets will be displayed, like <this>.

We may in future upgrade to a newer version of the forum software in which Firefox/other browser support is improved.

• If you're inclined, you can switch the angled brackets to & lt ; and & gt ; (remove the spaces )

• " ... Members using Internet Explorer will not experience this issue ..."

I'm on IE 6.0.2900.2180

"...If you're inclined, you can switch the angled brackets to & lt ; and & gt ; (remove the spaces ) ..."

At the time, I was pasting in some text from a replication filter, and the angled brackets weren't actually being used as LT and GT, they were text boundaries.

• homebrew01 (10/4/2007)

I'm on IE 6.0.2900.2180

Sorry - my mistake. It does affect IE too. We have in fact notified our forums software vendor of the issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply