Loop through a result set or record set using Script Task in SSIS ?

• I want to get all the rows in one column of a record set and concatenate them into a string. I want to do it using C#. How do I do it ?

• blasto_max (10/20/2013)

I want to get all the rows in one column of a record set and concatenate them into a string. I want to do it using C#. How do I do it ?

Unusual requirement, but does not sound difficult. Obviously, if there are mixed datatypes in there, you'd have to handle that - but that's about the only complexity I can think of (assuming that there is not too much data in total to fit into a string).

What have you tried so far?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin (10/20/2013)

blasto_max (10/20/2013)

I want to get all the rows in one column of a record set and concatenate them into a string. I want to do it using C#. How do I do it ?

Unusual requirement, but does not sound difficult. Obviously, if there are mixed datatypes in there, you'd have to handle that - but that's about the only complexity I can think of (assuming that there is not too much data in total to fit into a string).

What have you tried so far?

Just started trying the stuff here -

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18218451/ssis-getting-execute-sql-task-result-set-object

Lets see how it goes. I was looking for a guideline/hint/keyword to get me started.

Btw, this is totally random. Why is your photo so unhappy ?

• Btw, this is totally random. Why is your photo so unhappy ?

That was a good day. You should see me with a hangover.

There are, probably, millions of examples of how to loop round a dataset using C# on-line.

I suggest that you get started and see what happens. I also suggest that you learn about debugging using breakpoints, if you do not know already. You will be able to step through your code line by line and see what is happening as it executes.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply