Lookup Transformation Problem

• Has anyone come across the "Unspecified Error" when trying to configure a lookup transformation? I drag the transformation onto my data flow, connect the input columns (tried using excel and sql sources with datatypes that match to the sql destination table). I then connect the output, double click on the transform, setup the connection and click on the columns tab inside the editor. I receive the error "Unspecified error (Microsoft Visual Studio)", " at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.ExecuteSQLTask.Connections.SQLTaskConnectionOleDbClass.ExecuteStatement(Int32 resultType, Boolean isStoredProc, UInt32 dwTimeOut)

at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.DtsConnectionCommonControl.CheckSqlQuery()"

I have no idea why this is happening. I tried to create a lookup transform in SSIS on the actual server machine and received the same error.

Any thoughts or advice on this are greatly appreciated.

Charley

• I am downloading and installing some hotfixes for this today. Our network connection is not working well right now, so I will post the results as soon as possible.

• The hotfixes did not work. Back to the drawing board.

• Resolved...

This ended up being a problem with the query parser. I traced the problem as far back as the system.data.dll file in the .Net framework folder. Unfortunately, replacing this did not fix the problem, but rather caused a different error. Instead of digging deeper, as this was a development box, I de/reinstalled SQL Server and the problem is no longer there.

Charles

• I'm experiencing the same problem on our production server while on the dev server, (identical versions), the lookup is configured without any issues. A SQL re-install is not considered the prefered option on the production server. Is there another way to get around this?

Tony

• I never did experience this again, so I am sorry I don't have an answer for you. I wasn't sure what even caused this to begin with other than re-installing .NET and SQL. Sorry I don't have more answers.

• I am finding that Lookup does not like Data Sources as opposed to OLE Connectors

• It is quite touchy about the datatype you are looking up. Try to make sure the data type is the same for what you are passing and the matching field in the database.

Kindest Regards,

Catherine Eibner
    cybner.com.au

• I got the "Unspecified Error" when trying to configure a lookup transformation.If I use same package in different server.Its working fine.

Can any one tell me the fix for this problem?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply