LOOKUP REDIRECT TO TRASH

• how can i redirect rows to trash destination...as i dont want them to put to data reader destination as they are of no use to me

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thanks [/font]

• Ria (11/21/2008)

how can i redirect rows to trash destination...as i dont want them to put to data reader destination as they are of no use to me

Something that I have just been doing (in data flow tasks) is to send error rows to a ROWCOUNT tasks. I have to establish a variable to assign for the ROWCOUNT, but after that everything behaves (no warnings icons or log entries).

Beer's Law: Absolutum obsoletum
    "if it works it's out-of-date"

• Ria (11/21/2008)

how can i redirect rows to trash destination...as i dont want them to put to data reader destination as they are of no use to me

In your lookup component, you can configure the Error Output to redirect rows to an alternate output. You don't have to do anything with those rows, but as the other respondent suggested you can send output to a rowcount or an error output table/file for audit purposes.

hth,

Tim

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• I have been sending them to a DATA READER DESTINATION COMPONENT...It not failing...

but i am sure that its is using some of the memory inside....i just wanna put them into trash ...where no memmory will be taken...i there sumthing like this?

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thanks [/font]

• Yep - check out the Trash Destination (http://www.sqlis.com/post/Trash-Destination-Adapter.aspx). I've been using this thing for years. You wouldn't think such a thing would be useful, but I've included it in dozens of packages.

hth,

Tim

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• Tim Mitchell (11/22/2008)

Yep - check out the Trash Destination (http://www.sqlis.com/post/Trash-Destination-Adapter.aspx). I've been using this thing for years. You wouldn't think such a thing would be useful, but I've included it in dozens of packages.

hth,

Tim

I haven't been using it for years, but I do use it regularly now. I consider a have to have item.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply