Long table names unviewable in "Transform Data Task Properties"

• I am DTS'ing a .csv file into a database. Unfortunately, the table names are all prefixed identically, and when displayed in the drop down list, I am unable to see which table is which!

Does anyone know of a cunning workaround?

I have attached a screenshot so you can see my problem.

Hope you can help...

• Well the tables are listed alphabetically so you can use that to figure out where it should be. Also as you select a table the column list changes so you can just select tables and see that.

• You could also set an arbitrary destination to create the task and then perform a disconnected edit to change the DestinationObjectName of the transform data task manually.

When you go back to your transform data task you should be able to set up the transformations.

Ade

A Freudian Slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
    For detail-enriched answers, ask detail-enriched questions...[/url]

• Thanks very much for that guys.

Maybe Im being blind but I cant find "DestinationObjectProperties" in the "Edit All Package Properties" screen... am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks again for your help - I've learned some new stuff about DTS today.

• To get to the task properties you need to right-click in an empty space on the DTS designer page. On the context menu choose "Disconnected Edit". You can then navigate to the task using the object tree and (off the top of my head) the property you're looking for is about 4/5 down in the right-hand window.

Ade

A Freudian Slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
    For detail-enriched answers, ask detail-enriched questions...[/url]

• That's great - many thanks for your help.

• MAy be you need to install latest patch as in my system the SQL gives a full view of tables.

Latest service pack might help you.Check out my snap. 😉

• Aha!

I'll get that installed. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply