Logshipping status report Throgh Mail

• anoop.mig29 (1/15/2015)Hi MyDoggieJessie

I have basic question where to execute the code you provided on secondary server ???

does it requires witnesses server to be present ????

I am getting below error "sys.sp_MSproxylogshippingmonitorhelpsecondary" says cant find out object or object doesnot exist

and similar error to for sys.fn_MSgetlogshippingmoniterlinkname...

is this because wintness server is not present ????

I'm honestly not sure, but sounds like that may be the cause. How have you set up your log shipping? A Primary/Seconday, and you have a witness?

______________________________________________________________________________Never argue with an idiot; Theyll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• Hi MyDoggieJessie,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I've just checked and it's confirmed that I'm running the script from the secondary db.

Is there any SQL query to verify and confirm it? I can post out its output later.

- Peter

• Anybody can help to fix this error?

Thanks.

- Peter

• MyDoggieJessie (1/15/2015)

anoop.mig29 (1/15/2015)Hi MyDoggieJessie

I have basic question where to execute the code you provided on secondary server ???

does it requires witnesses server to be present ????

I am getting below error "sys.sp_MSproxylogshippingmonitorhelpsecondary" says cant find out object or object doesnot exist

and similar error to for sys.fn_MSgetlogshippingmoniterlinkname...

is this because wintness server is not present ????

I'm honestly not sure, but sounds like that may be the cause. How have you set up your log shipping? A Primary/Seconday, and you have a witness?

We have set logshipping but it doesn`t have witness server.

How have you set up log-shpping.does it have witness server.

Can u suggest a solution. I have searched net for "sys.fn_MSgetlogshippingmoniterlinkname" and "sys.sp_MSproxylogshippingmonitorhelpsecondary" but did not find out anything .

i think i have to create link server from primary to secondary server to fetch data from primary

• I no longer use log shipping (which is kind of why I can't remember the details (sorry )) ; but yes you will need to have a linked server in order to execute queries against it.

When I had log shipping running, I did not use a witness server

In the MSDB database you should have a value of the secondary server in either the [log_shipping_monitor_secondary] or [log_shipping_monitor_secondary] tables

______________________________________________________________________________Never argue with an idiot; Theyll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• Hi MyDoggieJessie,

Could you help on below errors?

Msg 245, Level 16, State 1, Line 127 Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value 'DBCLUSTER' to data type bit.

Thanks.

- Peter

• Try running it on the primary, or changing the data type for that parameter to nvarchar(10) instead of a bit

• Hi MyDoggieJessie,

Thank you for your reply and help.

I've tried to change the data type as suggested, but ended up with some more errors.

If it's not too much to ask for, could you amend the script that you've posted earlier?

Thanks so much. Appreciate.

- Peter

• Peter, your post on 1/13/2015 9:30 PM showed that you were receiving the email (which means the code did work at that time) - can you try running the original script posted in this thread? I'd like to rule out any accidental typos/edits that may have been made while changing the HTML code...

• Hi MyDoggieJessie,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, correct. I've used your script and able to run in on my secondary db. No problem, it works 🙂

However, I've stated earlier, I've another secondary db from different system, it's totally another separate system having the same setup and I've used the same script, no change, but the script does not work this time. This is the same script I've used to run on another seconday db.

This is the error that I'm getting:

Msg 245, Level 16, State 1, Line 127 Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value 'DBCLUSTER' to data type bit.

You can scroll back to my earlier posts for this error.

Appreciate for your help.

Thanks.

- Peter

• However, I've stated earlier, I've another secondary db from different system, it's totally another separate system

Is the MSSQL version different or the same as the secondary that works?

• Hi MyDoggieJessie,

Thanks for your reply.

Both secondary db's are using the same MSSQL version which is: SQL Server 2008 R2.

I've double checked the version again to confirm, but for some reasons, the same script does not work on another secondary db.

Also, O/S version and other specs are also the same after comparing.

Please help.

Thanks.

- Peter

• Hi MyDoggieJessie,

Any idea how to fix the problem?

Appreciate for your help.

- Peter

• Hi Satnam,

Thanks for your reply and help.

I've came accross that article earlier and it does not really work.

- Peter

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply