logshipping

• Logshipping issue

I have configured logshipping between our production server and DR server (servers are in workgroup –not in domain)

I created a window user account syncaccount (in both servers with same username and pw)and added in admin group. SQL server services restarted with syncaccount . Created a shared folder in both servers and syncaccount has full permissions on shared folder.

Now configured logshipping , in secondary server restore job got below details, it seems tlogs are not copying to secondary server shared folder, please let me know next steps

2009-11-18 11:00:00.92 Retrieving restore settings. Secondary ID: '0e16a55f-0ef7-427a-85d5-e505f72bef10'

2009-11-18 11:00:00.92 Retrieved common restore settings. Primary Server: 'SourceServer', Primary Database: 'DBname', Backup Destination Directory: 'E:\TranLogs', File Retention Period: 4320 minute(s)

2009-11-18 11:00:00.93 Retrieved database restore settings. Secondary Database: 'DBname', Restore Delay: 0, Restore All: True, Restore Mode: Standby, Disconnect Users: True, Last Restored File: <None>, Block Size: Not Specified, Buffer Count: Not Specified, Max Transfer Size: Not Specified

2009-11-18 11:00:00.96 Searching through log backup files for first log backup to restore. Secondary DB: 'DBname'

2009-11-18 11:00:00.96 Could not find a log backup file that could be applied to secondary database 'DBname'.

2009-11-18 11:00:00.96 The restore operation was successful. Secondary Database: 'DBname', Number of log backup files restored: 0

2009-11-18 11:00:00.96 Deleting old log backup files. Primary Databa

• Two shared folder are not required.

One shared folder preferably on Secondary server which stores the tlog backup files and another folder(Copyfolder) on secondary server to copy the backup files. Copy job will access the shared folder to copy the backup files to Copy folder. Make sure the SQL Server agent account has proper read permissions on the shared folder.

Check first backup job is successful in primary and the check the copy job is successful in secondary server.

• try to check the jobs LScopy right click then properties and go to steps then edit and check the parameters for the primary and secondary ex. server name

• 4 years old thread

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply