Login failed for user 'portuser'. [SQLSTATE 28000]

• Hi All,

Please find the below error. When i try to execute the procedure it gives the results, manually.

If the same procedure is running through JOB am facing the issue below.....

Executed as user: portuser. Login failed for user 'portuser'. [SQLSTATE 28000] (Error 18456) TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 10054) OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "REPLICADB" returned message "Communication link failure". [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 7412). The step failed.

Cheers,
    - Win.

" Have a great day "

• Check the SQL error log on the server that you are trying to connect to , this will give you a more detailed description on why the login failed..

• I couldn't find any SQL Error Log here in my machine...

Actually Procedure is to import data from Linked server to my production server.

PORTUSER is the Login account which has access on the Linked server and am running the Procedure using the same Login through SQL JOB.

Thanks ..

Cheers,
    - Win.

" Have a great day "

• The error log will not be on your PC, but on the Linked server that is rejecting your connection.

• Thanks Steve for your fast reply .

my Login account is not sysadmin on the Linked Server. So am helpless regarding the same in this time. As no one to provide the error log info.

Any more ideas please...

Cheers,
    - Win.

" Have a great day "

• It could be a number of issues the things i would check would be.

--Make sure you have the correct password

-- Make sure your account has access to the server.

-- Check that the domain your SQL server is running under can access the linked server domain (check firewalls etc)

-- check that the account SQL server runs under is a domain account.

-- Check the database exists and that you have permission to acces it.

• It could be a number of issues the things i would check would be.

--Make sure you have the correct password -

-- Make sure your account has access to the server.

-- Check that the domain your SQL server is running under can access the linked server domain (check firewalls etc)

-- check that the account SQL server runs under is a domain account.

-- Check the database exists and that you have permission to acces it.

Yes, i have correct password and i can retrive data manually.

Yes

Firewalls need to be checked.

yes

Yes

Thanks for the reply Steve.

Cheers,
    - Win.

" Have a great day "

• Any more IDEAs please...

Suggestions are appreciated...

Cheers,
    - Win.

" Have a great day "

• As job should run on domain but here our servers are of two different domains and couldnot execute the job. The error resembles same evn after doing many changes...

Can anyone help me in executing the Stored Procedure at intervals of every 6hrs.. Using T-SQL or anyhting scripts like that to make easy.

Cheers,
    - Win.

" Have a great day "

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply