"Login failed for user ''(null)''. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection"

• I assume that you work within domain.

In this situation the problem could be caused by duplicated value SPN (ServicePrincipalName) assigned to to two different user accounts or assigned both to computer account and domain user account.

You need to use ADSI Edit on a domain controller to find ALL

values in SPN like MSSQLSvc/databaseserver.your.domain.com

and leave only one assigned to a user account on which MSSQLSERVER service is started.

After this change you need to restart mssqlserver service.

The another possibility to solve this error is to configure a tcp/ip alias for a specific database server via utility 'cliconfg'.

Regards,
    Yenidai

• Ok, most of what you said is out of my area of expertise, so I will have to get help on it. That being said, I am able to login successfully when I go through our Citrix environment, just not from my local machine. Does that change what you think the problem may be?

• It could be. It is a nonzero chance for get unable login error, when you have more than one domain controller and sqlserver server use another DC than your computer. (I am thinking about duplicate SPN entries)

Regards,
    Yenidai

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply