Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'

• I have few SSRS 2008 reports. Databases are CRM databases. I have created a group of 10 users. Each user has different permissions(user can see data of only those databases which he has access from CRM side security).

When user tried to see reports from his place(machine) every time he gets this error.

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Cannot create a connection to data source 'DB_NAME'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)

Cannot open database "CRM_Database" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'NTAUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

I am using windows authentication. within the server reports are working fine. Outside the server we are getting this error.i got few suggestions that its a double hop issue.Solutions can be :

1.Use stored credential. (In my case I can't use because every user has access to different database. He can select database in reports whatever he has access to and he will get data only for that database.)

2. Kerberos setting.( I don't know how to do that when you have Windows 7 and SQL 2008 R2)

Help would be appreciated.

• You'll need to dig into Kerberos in your case. It's definitely a double-hop issue.

Most often, Kerberos issues are handled by network admin personnel, not by the DBA. I don't know your precise role in this, but if you're the DBA, you might talk to your network admins and see if it's something they can just handle easily for you. That's often the case.

If you have to handle it (a definite possibility, especially if you work for a small business where there isn't a dedicate network admin), then get ready for some research, because Kerberos is a bit of a pain. Or was the last time I had to deal with it anyway.

I'd start with something like this: http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2008/06/13/understanding-kerberos-double-hop.aspx

Bing/Google will lead you the rest of the way.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• thanks for the reply. I will tell to network guys to solve this double hop issue.

• I have seen something similar in my last project so it’s faded image now. The reason for the issue was SSRS configuration where Anonymous Login was enabled (or was default login).

• How to disabled anonymous login and from where.

• I was not administering the Reporting Services (was helping Application Architect in debugging the issue as DBA). I believe following pointers might be useful to you.

Please Search for 'Anonymous' or 'AuthenticationTypes' keywords.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms157273.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc281309.aspx

Please involve DEV team in troubleshooting the issue. It doesn't look like SQL Server database issue anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply