Login Failed for User

• Hi All,

Working with SQL Server 2008.

Have a second server running a Lotus Notes application. When making a ODBC connection to the SQL Server and setting a domain username and password, it reverts to using the server name (computer account). The login for the ODBC connection then fails. I then added the computer account (for the server) into the Local Administrators Group on the SQL server and everything works fine.

I've now created a new Active Directory Group and added in the computer account into this group. In SQL Server / Logins I've added this new AD group and given it the read and write access to the relevent databases. I've removed the computer name from the Local Administrators Group.

This however is now causing a login failure with the following message:

Login failed for user 'computername'. Reason: Token-based server access validation failed with an infrastructure error. Check for previous errors.

My question is, must the account being used for the ODBC connection have FULL admin rights.

Thanks

Denesh

• I am not understanding what you mean by the "computer account" you are referring to. Do you mean the Windows user account that the SQL Server service is running under?

The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival.

• It's the computer account allocated to that server in Active Directory. The server that is running the Lotus Notes application.

The developer has just gotten back to me to confirm it's now all working. He mentioned changing the type of connection he was making from his side

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply