Login Default Database

• Hi

Can you please provide some suggestion how to prevent user (part of Windows Group) changing the Default Database? All the other user in the group got affect after the user changed default database.

Thanks

Shuaib

• ShuaibV wrote:

Hi

Can you please provide some suggestion how to prevent user (part of Windows Group) changing the Default Database? All the other user in the group got affect after the user changed default database.

Thanks

Shuaib

It depends on how they made the changes or what changes have been made to the permissions for that group. sp_defaultdb is being deprecated but still available and they may have been used. By default, Public has execute permissions. It could be a matter of removing those permissions from public. By default, alter login would not be allowed.

Sue

• i noticed the user used "ALTER LOGIN" command to change default database. Is there any way we can prevent "ALTER LOGIN" execution? I tried with "DENY ALTER LOGIN" and still user able to change default DB.

Thanks

Shuaib

• If you did a deny alter any login but they can still alter the login, my guess would be that they are in the sysadmins role.

Sue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply