Log Shipping problem

• I have recently run into a log shipping problem.  One of the databases I am log shipping to (target) has fallen into "load" status and I am unable to recover from it.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I do not get any failures during the log shipping process, and the other databases in this process are shipping fine. 

• HI ,

Please try to restore the full db backup on the same and then restore sequesntial Logs, then start the Log Shipping and monitor it.

Regards,

• This happened to me over and over again - I got to the point where every few days the standby server was worthless and I couldn't continue with log shipping until I got the standby back to a normal state.

I decided at that point to find an alternate solution.  Litespeed from Imceda (now Quest) http://www.imceda.com works very well for me.  They include scripts to setup log shipping and I modified theirs a little bit because each night I take a full backup and restore it to my standby, then start the log shipping again.

I hate to say that the reason I do it this way is that it was setup that way when I inherited the system, but that's the truth of it and since it works, (or at least it does now with Litespeed ), I don't mess with it.  Plus it's nice to have several days worth of full backups lying around in case the defecation really hits the rotary oscillating device.

My two cents.

Bill

Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

• Are the transaction logs restoring, or is the restore job still trying to execute?  If the job is still trying to run, you could try stopping & restarting it, or stop and start SQL Agent.  Is the secondary database over the out-of-synch threshold?  You may want to look at the Log Shipping Monitor closely to see what is going on.  Look for the last time the log restored successfully and go from there.

Linda

• Stop and restart the SQL Server Service and re-apply the last transaction log that is the one that was applying when the DB went into the loading state.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply