Log Reader Agent status in “Retrying” mode.

• Hi ,

I have set up Transactional Replication between two databases on two different servers.

Log Reader Agent status Initializes and goes into “Retrying” mode. As a result of which the

Data is not getting transferred across the database.The SQL server error log says that the

Sp_repldone stored procedure could not be executed .Has some come across “Retrying” mode of Log Reader Agent

I execute the “sp_repltrans“ and got to know that there are a few transaction are currently not distributed.

I executed “EXEC sp_repldone @xactid = NULL, @xact_segno = NULL, @numtrans = 0, @time = 0, @reset = 1’”

Still the status of Log Reader Agent is in “Retrying” mode.

Any settings to be done . Please suggest.

• First try stopping and restarting the log reader. If that doesnt work try stop/start SQL Agent. You can also try extending the timeout for the log reader (not the best idea).

Andy

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

• The first two options ( Log reader and SQL Agent Stop) has been tried out.No success.

How do I extending the timeout for the log reader.

Thanks

• Try the -querytimeout switch, set to a value in seconds. You probably should also enable the -OutputVerboseLevel switch with a setting of 2, have to provide a path & file name for the output. This may help you see exactly how far its getting and what its failing on.

Andy

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

• How can I change the login timeout and Query time out setting for Log Reader Agent in Enterprise manager.Not finding any example(Query) in books on line

Thanks

• This is a bug which has been fixed in Service Pack 2. Both the servers have Service Pack 4 installed . Still the problem. Strange.

The existing SQL Server default agent Profile could not be modified and hence a new custom agent profile was created and under which the Querytimeout value was set to 900 on both servers .Now things are neat and working fine.

Thanks for the help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply