Log reader agent is stuck with message "Batch processing is in progress..."

• [font="Times New Roman"]Hi friends,

We have configured a transactional replication from Oracle 11 G (publisher) to SQL Server 2005 (subscriber). This replication was working fine till yesterday. Now it has got stuck with a message:

batch processing is in progress. The current batch consists XXX commands & 0 transactions...

It has been showing this message from last 12 hours!!!

Do you have any idea why it is showing like this ? What should we do here to make it work.

Any help is appreciated, thanks 🙂

Note : When checking on Oracle server we see that logreader.exe is doing some Table Scan on a particular articleLog table & it is trying to perform some DELETE operation. This table contains more that 2 million records.

[/font]

Sujeet Singh

• Some Body please reply... Your help is urgently needed. Now my replication monitor has started showing the incorrect status of Log reader agent & distributor agents. It shows they are not running, while they are running. We are stuck at this here.;-)

Sujeet Singh

• I latched onto this thread as a watcher to try and learn something from it so, sorry, I cannot offer any technical assistance.

I could see where replicating from Oracle to SQL Server could be considered specialized architecture that not many folks have worked with...which is why you may have trouble finding help in a forum setting. Have you considered hiring a consultant? Are all the components (save for maybe the Oracle drivers) provided by Microsoft? If so then have you considered involving Microsoft Support?

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• Log reader got stuck did you check the Counter Values for this select * from sys.dm_os_performance_counters where object_name like '%Replica%' and what was value for LogReader

• Thanks for following up. The issue was resolved, we had just increased the timeout value for agents so that they don't end up with time out error.

Sujeet Singh

• Thanks for responding to my PM.

Since you have changed the time out for agent . How many updates were happening and what value you defined for update. This can help us in defining the relation b/w updates vs time out.

Regards

Vivek Patle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply