Locking question

• If you are so concerned about 2000 forum why are you talking about database mirroring ?

Do you have an SQL Server 2000 database mirroring solution? ...

There is *nothing* wrong about asking for reasons or setup or configuration questions. There *IS* something wrong about asking for that in rude and impolite ways though. Sorry if I missinterpreted your tone.

You are welcome.

* Noel

• Can you give an example of my rude tone asking you for something?

> If you are so concerned about 2000 forum why are you talking about database mirroring ?

It's you who started talking about mirroring.

You based your big *NOT ACCEPTABLE* about IDENTITY on using replication for mirroring databases.

My point is simple - replication in SQL 2000 just does not do the job. And your suggestion is VERY BAD in many ways.

That's why I suggested to use mirroring tools for mirroring and replications for replicas.

BTW, our replicas have different reporting functionality. Clients over there need some reports we don't need here. And they don't need all processing data stuff which works on our server.

Very useful.

Recommend.

• Thanks... had a feeling that's what you were going to say... was hoping you had something different than we did... we got our 3rd party problem child working without deadlocking using most of the same methods as what you spoke of... it was and still is a pain ... but it works.

Thanks for the feedback, Noel.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• What would happened?

The guy who created the view pointing to another database would be fired.

Even before any database has failed.

As you said:

Please refer to the best practices before trying to type again.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply