Linked Servers failing

• We recently updated the passwords for all SQL Server logins. For some reason our linked servers no longer work. We get "Login failed for user '[blah]'". The Linked Servers are being accessed via a ColdFusion query. The Linked Servers were setup to use the current users security context. The login that ColdFusion is using is equivalent to the "sa" account. The server is up and connectivity is not the issue. I temporarily fixed the issue by specifying a valid username/password in the Linked Servers properties.

P.S. - SSC ROCKS!

I'm a little confused and concerned. First don't use Sa or equivalent for something like Cold Fusion. Create an account and work through the rights.

Second, the current security context will pass through the account values, so if you've updated them on Server A, need to change them to be the same on Server B.

• I understand using the "sa" (or equivalent) account is bad.... really bad! If that was our only design flaw, we'd be good shape 😉 But I digress. I did in fact update the username/passwords on both servers to be the same. But it still comes up with that error.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply