Line Feed Formatting

• I have some textual data that comes preformatted with some extra spaces and line feeds.  I am attempting to put it in a Report using SSRS 2005.

When ever I view the report in HTML Mode all of the extra whitespace is suppressed into a single space.  However when I export to PDF or Word it all comes back.  I have tried using the .Replace() method to put in &nbsp; and <BR> tags into my code, but then it just displays the extra text and doesn't display it as HTML.

Is there anyway either replace the items with the appropriate HTML, or add the "PRE" whitespace CSS attribute to a Textbox so that the text displays the same in HTML and in a PDF?

Thanks.

wayne

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• use the SQL REPLACE function in the query to remove both eg

SELECT REPLACE (REPLACE (MyField, ' ', ''), , '')

so strip out first the double spaces and then whatever your new line delimiter happens to be and replace it with nothing. Should work for any export format.

Kindest Regards,

Martin

• Unfortunately that is going the wrong direction.  I don't want to take out the white space.  I need to 'add' it to the HTML version.

After a large amount of searching, I'm starting to think that Microsoft's current implementation doesn't support this.

wayne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply