Laptop suggestions with VS2008 in mind?

• Do any of you have suggestions on a good laptop spec with Visual Studio in mind? I've been completely out of the loop since I have used a work assigned laptop the last few years! I notice that most of the newer laptops have more of a widescreen than I'm used to. Do these wider screens work well with VS or do those of you with laptops go for more of a traditional size screen? Are the 15.6" screens big enough for you developers out there or do you wish you had bigger screen?

I'm a consultant and so a laptop is the only option since it will need to be mobile. I need to get one ASAP so any help would be highly appreciated.

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section.

• cost wasnt mentioned

as a developer i always fine more screen space for the apps and explorers and the tool boxes

• Personally, I prefer more real-estate on screen. Multiple monitors helps with that too.

Essential is plenty of memory and fast disks.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• As an FYI, i bought a recent Win7 HP laptop with 19" wide screen and full keyboard.

While i love the OS and layout, I get more Blue Screens Of Death with this machine than i did with my last Windows 98 machine;

I've also replaced the hard drive in it twice and reinstalled the OS, to no avail. It's definitely a hardware issue.

could be just my one laptop, but in the future I'll skip HP laptops; my kids both have Toshiba's and they are fine, and my last Dell laptop was flawless.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply