LAN to DMZ Replication

• HI All,

I got my main sql 2000 Server in LAN and i need to replicate 2 Databases and each got 15 tabels and all these tabels got 5-7GB Data.

My Web Server in DMZ and running SQL 2000. I need my main Sql to replicate to this web server in DMZ.

Please tell me what is the best way to full fill my task.

I'm trying Snapshot each night and it's failing somehow. With following error.

"The job was stopped prior to completion by Shutdown Sequence 0"

I know some of the tabels doesn't have the Primery Keys on my main Server.

if i run this replication manually, it's take for ever to finnished????

network Setup like this

web SQL server<--->DMZ-->100MB Switch---> 100MB PIX Firewall----> 1GB Switch---->1 GB SQL Server

• Hi,

Anyone use Reg Gate Product to do similer task? SQL or DATA Compare?

• The first question is how much transaction data is involved in your day to day operations.   In most places you'll receive an additional 2% of data so using transaction replication makes the most sense.  Use a backup and restore to get the two server in sync and then implement transactional replication so only new data is sent over.  I assume the data does not require security, like credit cards or ssn's.  Their is a way to tell replication that the servers already sync so don't run a snapshot.  How much does this data change from one day to the next. Are you using the  same SQL Server version on both side of the transaction, if so make sure you are using OLE DB.

• Hi,

Data is 50MB-100MB. But i know some of the tabels missing Primary key ?

so can we setup transactionl?

• You must have primary keys for transactional. Without keys, you can use snapshot, but that pushes the whole table each time. Can you add primary key fields at the end of the table for replication purposes ?

We use push subscriptions from our local SQL server to our web SQL server on another domain. Create a windows account on both servers with the same name & password.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply