Job failed executing SSIS package

• I am using SQL server 2008 integration services.

I created the package which works fine while executing from SSIS manually But when i created the job then its failed.

If I gave local path in the package for extracting the files then its works fine and job success but if i gave the network path then its failed.

I know that its kind of comman problem. I am new in SSIS.

Please guide me with some solution. I tries using the proxy account but stilll its failed.

Thanks In Advance.

• Does your SQL server service account have proper access to the network path?

• ZZartin (2/11/2011)

Does your SQL server service account have proper access to the network path?

In case you have separate accounts for your SQL Server and SQL Server Agent services, it's usually your SQL Server Agent account that needs access to the server path if you're running your package from a job.

Edit - corrected gramatical error

John

• I am new in to SSIS.

Can you guide me though how can i check that account is same or different for sql server and sql sercer agent?

when i am executing the package mannually from SSIS (BIDS),its running fine.

• Hi

there is a process of doing this. I have been there a few times and learnt it.. Please find attached is a doc that could help you with the process

Cheers

Vani

• krishusavalia (2/11/2011)

I am new in to SSIS.

Can you guide me though how can i check that account is same or different for sql server and sql sercer agent?

when i am executing the package mannually from SSIS (BIDS),its running fine.

This is nothing to do with SSIS. You can check the service accounts using SQL Server Configuration Manager.

Have you fixed your problem? It's courteous when people have taken the time to help you for you to feed back on whether the solutions provided were successful.

John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply