Is it Possible to use MSDE as Subscriber ???

• Hi,

I am trying to set up the following Scenario.

Web Server in SQL Server 2000 Enterprise and Notebooks Running on MSDE people can update the application In Web Server As well the Disconnected Notebook Application . and on regular intervels these dbs should be in Sync. I tried MSDE as a Subscriber in Merge Replication Model.

But i am getting problem as the server cannot access MSDE . But in MSDN they are saying you can use MSDE as Subsriber. can any one tell me how to do this ?? or I am making some mistake?

Regards

Jeswanth

--------------------------------

• Yes, it is possible. Here is a KB article which describes how to use replication with MSDE:

How to use replication with SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE 2000)

As to why you cannot access MSDE... Can you access MSDE from a different system than where it is installed? If not, that may be because the Network Libraries aren't configured for the MSDE installation. You can check this by running the svrnetcn.exe executible on the system where MSDE is installed. Also verify that MSDE is not installed as a named instance. This sometimes can cause real headaches when you're trying to figure out how to connect to it. You can view what instances are installed with svrnetcn.exe.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• Hi,

Thanks. Its working now i used the windows Synchrinisation manager.

But When i used the exex SvrNetCn.EXE i am Getting a Message Box Operation Complteted Successfull and closing. Any Idea why its like that ??

Jeswanth

--------------------------------

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply