Is it possible to see when a job was run?

• I have a job on a server which was disabled. It had been run for approximately 5 days. The job was run last night but when I tried to view the jobs history the job history had been deleted. After that I deleted the job to ensure that no one could run it again. Is there any way to find out when that job was run last night and possibly who ran it?

• If you have msdb in full recovery and a full backup prior to the delete then you can take a log backup and restore msdb to a new name before you deleted the job. From there you'll be able to check the job's history.

• Unfortunately the job was run sometime last night between 5pm and 9pm and our backup is scheduled nightly at midnight so I wouldn't think the lastnights backup would have the job on it since I deleted it at 10pm. We keep 2 days of backups but that wouldn't help because it occured after the backup that occerrued 2 days ago.

• Well in this case without backup you can't do anything unless maybe you have verbose logging on the agent.

You could see something similar to this :

Date10/12/2011 10:30:00 AM

JournalSQL Agent (Actuel(le) - 10/12/2011 10:45:00 AM)

[184] Job completion for Backup PROD-FORDIA LOG is being logged to sysjobhistory

• Would there be any tables in MSDB that may have a record of the job exe?

• http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174997.aspx

But if you don't see anything in the GUI I really don't expect you to see anything in there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply