Installation issues

• Hello!!!

I had sql server 2005 installed on a machine. Some things went wrong with sql like i posted in another topic. DB´s became blocked among other things. I have the error log to check it out. Now when i want to reinstall the following appears.

"Setup error SQL Server to modify security permissions in space

wmi name \ \. \ root \ microsoft \ sqlserver \ serverevents \ mssqlserver. To continue,

Verify that the domain account and lso that runs the Setup

sql server, which account for the installation has administrator privileges and that the space

wmi name \ \. \ root \ microsoft \ sqlserver \ serverevents \ mssqlserver exist on the destination drive."

Any help would be appreciated.

• From the error message it looks like you don't have sufficient privileges on the box where you are trying to install SQL Server.

Quote from Microsoft site

Make sure you have administrator permissions on the computer where SQL Server will be installed. If you install SQL Server from a remote share, you must use a domain account that has read and execute permissions on the remote share. To create a failover cluster, you must be a local administrator with permissions to logon as a service, and to act as part of the operating system on all nodes of the virtual server.

For more details refer http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143719%28SQL.90%29.aspx

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• Adiga (11/13/2009)

From the error message it looks like you don't have sufficient privileges on the box where you are trying to install SQL Server.

Quote from Microsoft site

Make sure you have administrator permissions on the computer where SQL Server will be installed. If you install SQL Server from a remote share, you must use a domain account that has read and execute permissions on the remote share. To create a failover cluster, you must be a local administrator with permissions to logon as a service, and to act as part of the operating system on all nodes of the virtual server.

For more details refer http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143719%28SQL.90%29.aspx%5B/quote%5D

The installation is running on a administrator account.

thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply