install microsoft ole db provider for olap services 8.0 on approx 1000 pc''s

• Hello all

I need to install microsoft ole db provider for olap services 8.0 on approx 1000 pc's.  So falling short of installing SQL Server Enterprise Manager on each machine can anyone sugguest how I can install the above without installing SQL Server Enterprise Manager.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers ya all

• Talk to your System Admin people.  It is likely they will have a preferred method of deployment so they can support the boxes.  If you add software outside of the preferred deployment method, you could become very unpopular!

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• Hello.

You may install PivotTable Services (ptsfull.exe or ptslite.exe).

Look for "Redistributing Components" in Books Online. There is an interesting topic named "Setup Parameters and Silent Installation".

Hope this help.

Fernando Ponte
    factdata.com.br

• Yiou definitely need to talk to your systems/desktop admin folks. If you are a Windows shop, then the tool os choice is SMS - Systems Management Server <period>

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply