insertion in parallel

• Hello,

I am trying to insert values in a single table with four columns from 4 different sources. is it possible to run these 4 insertions in parallel. all these insertion are independent of each other

• [font="Verdana"]Yes you can run all insertions in parallel. Be sure to drop all indexes on the table before running the import and recreate them afterwards[/font]

• GAURAV UPADHYAY (1/30/2014)

[font="Verdana"]Yes you can run all insertions in parallel. Be sure to drop all indexes on the table before running the import and recreate them afterwards[/font]

I think the OP wants to have an explanation on how to do this. Also, it is not necessary to drop all indexes and recreate them. This is a good option if you are doing massive data insertions and you want to maximize performance, but you don't have to drop indexes every time you insert something.

@SQLb2t: you cannot achieve parallellism in one single query window. You can execute 4 queries in 4 seperate query windows, or you can use 4 Execute SQL Tasks in an SSIS package.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (1/31/2014)

GAURAV UPADHYAY (1/30/2014)

[font="Verdana"]Yes you can run all insertions in parallel. Be sure to drop all indexes on the table before running the import and recreate them afterwards[/font]

I think the OP wants to have an explanation on how to do this. Also, it is not necessary to drop all indexes and recreate them. This is a good option if you are doing massive data insertions and you want to maximize performance, but you don't have to drop indexes every time you insert something.

@SQLb2t: you cannot achieve parallellism in one single query window. You can execute 4 queries in 4 seperate query windows, or you can use 4 Execute SQL Tasks in an SSIS package.

+1, as the scope is not shared by the OP 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply