Insert File date into tabke field

• Hello to all and happy Holidays!

Maybe this is a simple question, but I am lost in this one.

I need to add the file date to a string to be stored in one database table.

I was using the following and it work fine, but they want to add the file date to the same field.

'..\scurra\'+`PDF_ID`+'.PDF' AS ImageLocation

The plus signs before and after 'PDF_ID' did not show up, but you can imagine I am concatenating this string to get one result.

filed returns the following:

..\scurra\1461368.0.pdf

The PDF folder where the PDF files resides is in a different server. As soon as the daily task finshes, it creates a sub-directory with all the PDF files created for that specific day. The folder has a creation date (9/11/2002, 9/12/2002, 9/13/2002, etc.)

The folder name looks like this:

September112002done

Now, my question is:

How can I add the date of this folder to the string entered in my table to look like this:

..\scurra\09112002\1461368.0.pdf

Anyone??? Please help. I am lost in this one. I tried several options, but none of them worked. Thank you

• What about something like:

'..\scurra\'+ Convert(varchar(8),Getdate())+ '\' + `PDF_ID`+'.PDF' AS ImageLocation

Of course, this is off the top of my head, and you would want to cnvert or cast the date for the write format to give you MMDDYYYY (I don't remember it offhand, but check BOL for cast or convert) but I'm sure you get the idea.

Edited by - scorpion_66 on 12/05/2002 1:41:36 PM

• That could work if the clients start sending those files daily, but some times they send their files one or two days later and the date will be something different than getdate()

Thank you for you input though. I wish all the clients behave the way we need to, but ... LOL

Thanks again

• How are they accesing the information. You maye just need to create a VB DLL to get the file creation or modified date and pass to them. But as to the steps it depedns on the displaying method.

• Thanks Antares. That was the solution. I did create a VB dll and that gave the answer. Thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply