Incremental upload between 2 tables with a SSIS

• Hi:

I want to do an incremental upload between 2 tables with a SSIS .

I mean, I don´t want to do a truncate-insert sequence because the table has over 500.000 rows and every time I have to run the copy only change a small amount of them.

I want to insert only the records that no exist in the destination table, delete the records that not exist in the origin table and update only the rows that are different between 2 tables.

¿Is this possible with a SSIS and without ad-hoc programming?

Best regards.

• Why use SSIS for this? Sounds like a (relatively) straightforward stored proc.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Because the tables I want to synchronize are in diferent servers.

Thanks

• Both SQL Server? Can you use linked servers?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• we do similar processing using stored proc but interested to see if there is a way to do this in SSIS.

Thanks.

Peter Kennedy

• peterk1961 (3/16/2009)

we do similar processing using stored proc but interested to see if there is a way to do this in SSIS.

Thanks.

Peter Kennedy

Hi Peter

There are probably several ways of using SSIS to achieve what you are achieving in your sp. But I doubt that you will see any performance increase (probably the opposite). Is there a particular SSIS feature which you would like to use?

Phil

• I am still playing around and figuring out what can be done in SSIS. It is simple if you want to insert all the rows from a table into a different table or insert only certain rows using the lookup feature. I would like to know if there is a feature to update a row with values from a different tables other than using a stored proc or sql statement.

Thanks.

Peter Kennedy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply