In which book is log shipping .wrk files mentioned?

• Reading books alone isn't going to help you become an expert. In addition to reading books, you need to put what you read into practice. This means at your current job or in a home lab environment. It's the hands on experience that will benefit you the most because you will have to apply what you read.

• Sir,

I am entry level.First, I want to gain knowledge on internals of log shipping and internals of mirroring. So,Please suggest good books to start with

• "Entry level" and "Internals" don't usually go together. Start with the basics (and there are many, many good books, go browse at Amazon and pick up a couple) and practice everything you read. Practice is more important than reading. Once you understand the basics very well, then start digging deeper.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • coolchaitu (8/5/2015)

Sir,

I am entry level.First, I want to gain knowledge on internals of log shipping and internals of mirroring. So,Please suggest good books to start with

As Gail (who happens to be a book author) has said, you need to get hands on practice. Internals is not typically entry level / junior dba type of stuff. You learn by digging into SQL Server.

If you still need a book; you can go get one of Gails, you can get one of mine from Amazon, or you could go read BOL.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Dear Gail Shaw Madam,

Thanks for your inputs.

• You dont need to know the workings on an internal combustion engine to drive a car , same thing goes for internals and SQL server. MS has done a good job of making sure the DB engine can handle msot cases of poor design and querying. So that starters can focus on knowing the basic how-to rather than why aspect of Database administration.

Jayanth Kurup[/url]

• I am a dba actually and hence my seniors told me to get knowledge on internals.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply