in sqlserver2008r2 i just want to create a admin database

• here i just want to create a admin(eg:principal) for he has the power to access or give permission for student to access login form (eg:username password) any he has the permission to acess student detail & faculty detail. for this i just want to create a login table in a single column if any one finds the way means please help me

admin related field

student

faculty

studentmanager

faculty manager

• You've given us no where near enough information to even begin to help you.

Admin what? login? User? On SQL? From an application?

Student and faculty detail tables? Procedures? Application screens? Reports?

Etc, etc...

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • here i just want to create an web site for online discussion

in that principal will play the role of admin

in that website we will find a login table (user name ,password),

for every request of create login for eg : if a student is creating user name password in a request table

the admin has the rights to accept the request and he can only allow student to login inside the website

• Dude this manipulation should be done in application side. 🙂

You should set column in your user table that will verify if this is an admin user.

Sample table:

UserName Access Check/Verify

Admin Admin 0

Leonard Admin 1

Max Student 1

In my sample the student eg. registers Leonard and he wants Admin Access and was tagged "1" in check verify meaning the Admin has not yet verified the user Max and Leonard if the could use the access they have provided. 🙂 hope this helps!

===============================================================

"lets do amazing" our company motto..

• er.sivaganesh (1/8/2012)

here i just want to create an web site for online discussion

in that principal will play the role of admin

in that website we will find a login table (user name ,password),

for every request of create login for eg : if a student is creating user name password in a request table

the admin has the rights to accept the request and he can only allow student to login inside the website

Ok, that's a little better (not much though)

Sounds like your 'admin' requirement will need maybe another table or 2 (pending requests and admin users) and a fair bit of front end work. That's no something you'll do in the database.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply