improve performance of sp

• Never give up! The entertainment value is priceless! 😀

Edit: In retrospect I realize this probably sounded snotty and/or demoralizing. What I meant to convey is that the clever and creative “solutions” prompted by this thread have been most enjoyable.

~ C

[font="Courier New"]Looking for a Deadlock Victim Support Group..[/font]
  • Lynn Pettis (5/11/2012)

Jeff Moden (5/11/2012)

Lynn Pettis (5/10/2012)

Jeff Moden (5/10/2012)

So much time wasted.

Maybe, but it is my time to waste. I'm not going to apologize for hoping against hope for the best. I guess that is what I am when it comes to this site, the eternal optimist. I may get disgruntled, angry, frustrated, upset, disillusioned at times and rant about it. But I will always try and give the other person a chance to change.

See my post just previous to this one.

I guess your comment could be taken several ways. Considering people kept telling me to give up, I guess I took it the wrong way.

Sorry.

Nope... not a problem and no need to apologize. My mistake for not being a bit more specific.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• @Lynn (and many other dedicated volunteers here): Please don’t give up and remain dedicated as you are. I am happy community is blessed with you guys.

@Humiliators: You have no reason (whatsoever) to humiliate a poster here. There are many good ways to guide a beginner than making fun. This humiliation could be one of the reasons that OP (Riya) is not responding back.

@Moderators/Administrators: I am missing you here Steve. Many of the posts here could be marked as spam or could be moderated.

@riya: Please don’t discourage yourself if someone tried to humiliate you. I assume it was unintentional. Many guys like Lynn are here who will help you if you provide sufficient information.

• thanks dev.

i am working on it.will provide you sufficient information.

• I'm really sorry that my first post on this thread, which related to the lack of information from the OP, resulted in the thread going totally off topic!

The reason was that the OP seemed to have elicited replies from Lynn, Gail, Wayne and Jeff that all looked constructive, whilst the OP gave you little to go on. So respect is due! Particularly to Lynn who has bent over backwards.

I'm familiar with your postings and techniques. Your talent is evident, and your patience in assistance is admirable.

BUT Dev, it cuts both ways .. the OP should give enough details to help. There are a zillion links telling a poster how to do this.

I'm not trying to humiliate anyone. I don't disrepect the OP. I just think the OP should respect the experts by asking a qualified question with supporting collateral.

This approach is core to getting a decent answer SSC forums in my opinion.

Tim

• Tim Walker. (5/13/2012)

I'm really sorry that my first post on this thread, which related to the lack of information from the OP, resulted in the thread going totally off topic!

The reason was that the OP seemed to have elicited replies from Lynn, Gail, Wayne and Jeff that all looked constructive, whilst the OP gave you little to go on. So respect is due! Particularly to Lynn who has bent over backwards.

I'm familiar with your postings and techniques. Your talent is evident, and your patience in assistance is admirable.

BUT Dev, it cuts both ways .. the OP should give enough details to help. There are a zillion links telling a poster how to do this.

I'm not trying to humiliate anyone. I don't disrepect the OP. I just think the OP should respect the experts by asking a qualified question with supporting collateral.

Tim

Don't worry about it. At this time I seriously doubt that riya_dave has any intentions of providing us with the information we need to truely help him solve his store procedure performance issue.

Heck, he hasn't even tried to solve the hypothetical problem I presented him, nor has he even commented on the code I proveded to solve the problem.

• Lynn Pettis (5/14/2012)

Tim Walker. (5/13/2012)

I'm really sorry that my first post on this thread, which related to the lack of information from the OP, resulted in the thread going totally off topic!

Tim

Don't worry about it. At this time I seriously doubt that riya_dave has any intentions of providing us with the information we need to truely help him solve his store procedure performance issue.

Heck, he hasn't even tried to solve the hypothetical problem I presented him, nor has he even commented on the code I proveded to solve the problem.

Agreed Sir. this forum is better than MSDN because of a number of willing people like you who help people without any reservations but as you said a little etiquette is expected.

One more correction, riya is 'she'.:-P

Thanks

Chandan

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply