Import Data From DBF Files

• After installing 2012 Express to use sequence numbers, I find that the help docs say 2012 Express will not import data from DBF files. Suggested option is to import DBF file into Excel then import into 2012 Express. That is a hokey solution and totally unacceptable.

I have a client that has a current POS system that uses DBF files for data storage. I must import multiple files from mutliple days from multiple locations. Way, way too many files for Microsoft's suggested solution to be remotely practible.

Does anybody have any other ideas for importing large numbers of DBF files into 2012 Express?

• I'd get a trial version of SQL, even SQL 2005 or 2008. Install this on a VM somewhere and import everything to the trial version. Then backup and restore to the Express edition.

If you're going for the free slimed down version you can't expect it to do everything.

Cheers

Leo

Leo
    Nothing in life is ever so complicated that with a little work it can't be made more complicated.

• Try dbconvert software to import your dbf

• I purchased this product as suggested. So far, NOT HAPPY AT ALL.

Tech support is slow to non-existant (they are on the other side of the world, GMT+6).

EVERY link on their help page give an "HTTP 404 Page not Found" error.

Very bad experience.

• Dear ka_hoar,

I'm sorry for inconvenience caused by holiday time.

We are out of office until tomorrow 01/03/2013.

Surely your problem will be solved at highest priority.

Currently we are in process of rewriting the content of our web site so some pages may not respond.

Sorry again.

Happy New Year!

Best regards,

Dmitry.

• Instead of trying to import directly from DBF, could you install the ACE OLEDB 12 drivers and try this

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1286522-2799-1.aspx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply