import data

• Hi ,

i want to import the production copy on my local system.can somebody guide me on this.

Thanks a lot

• Open up the Data Transformation Wizard on your local system and go to town.

• Look up BACKUP and RESTORE in BOL. It is described pretty well, and it should be what you need.

• TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

------------------------------

Restore failed for Server 'test'.  (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

------------------------------

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: Directory lookup for the file "D:\Datafiles\testing.mdf" failed with the operating system error 21(The device is not ready.). (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

i am getting the following error message when i try to restore it.Any Suggesstions or advice?

• Do you have a D: drive on your local machine, and is that file in that location on your D: drive if you do?

• no i dont have a Drive on my local machine and that file is on my Crive.so wht should i do?

• Try this - I use this all the time when moving a database from server to server.  Almost always our drives our different so we have to use the "with move" option

--this will display the logical and physical file names that you need to use in the move

restore filelistonly

from disk = 'E:\SQL2000Data\DKDP_STAGING_DATA_20040218.DMP'

--use this when the log/data files are in a different location on the source and you need to move it to a different

--directory on the destination

Restore Database Staging

From Disk = 'E:\SQL2000Data\DKDP_STAGING_DATA_20040218.DMP'

with move 'Staging_Data' to 'e:\sql2000data\staging_data.mdf',

move 'Staging_log' to 'e:\sql2000data\staging_log.ldf'

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply