If an app pool needs regular resets, what checks can we do in sql server ?

• Hi

This may not even be a sql related issue but I am just after some general advice to see if I've covered everything.

We have a client who have moved their hosting from our infrastructure to their own - so we have no control over it.

They say that they keep having to reset their app pool because they get an error regarding the maximum number of connections.

I have remoted into the sql box and ran queries to see if our application is leaving open connections to the database - which it doesn't appear to be doing.

I have also checked the 'Maximum number of connections' settings from the server properties - that is default 0 unlimited. We never had any issues when we hosted the app on our infrastructure.

Are there any other settings I need to look at within sql server ?

• Not in SQL server - this guy needs to speak to his host to see if there is any connection limit to his "app pool"/server

• nothing do to with the SQL server end it is running always. when you refresh the application pool , your application will connect SQL server automatically

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply