Identify code page 1250 records and replace it with code page 750?

• Hi All,

We are working on one of the proposals for our existing client.

Client using JD Edwards ERP and is upgrading it from current version Xe to latest version 9.0.

Client’s primary JD Edwards (version Xe) instance operates for multiple languages including the Czech language. A single SQL database is used but since the Czech language uses codepage 1250 while the other languages use codepage 750, client direct the Czech users to a specific server that supports codepage 1250. They have undertaken a project to upgrade from Xe to 9.0 and develop a data conversion strategy/approach to convert the co-mingled data.

Q1. What can be solution for this?

Q2. Is there any automated tool which can identify code page 1250 records and replace it with code page 750?

Can you please guide / help in this?

• I don't remember code page 750 so I am asuming you are talking about code page 850 you can change by going into the table properties if you are in SP2 and up but I would think you need someone who can read these the contents. The code page 850 can be used for most languages in Europe instead of the general western Europe Windows code page.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• I have to identify and replace Czech characters in the database.

( Data is commingled i.e. Chech and English data are in the same tables)

2. How this can be done?

Please note – Current database is in SQL server 2000

• mohan.pariveda (10/22/2009)

I have to identify and replace Czech characters in the database.

( Data is commingled i.e. Chech and English data are in the same tables)

2. How this can be done?

Please note – Current database is in SQL server 2000

There is no way to do that in 2000 you have to move the database to 2005 SP2 and up and find code to clean your data.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Thanks..

ok i will upgrade the Databse to 2005 SP2 but Please tell me the process how you find the code to clean the data.

• mohan.pariveda (10/23/2009)

Thanks..

ok i will upgrade the Databse to 2005 SP2 but Please tell me the process how you find the code to clean the data.

Here are the two links you need the first one gives you the collation for your new database 850, then the second part if your data is in separate columns English and Czech then it is almost easy you use the code in the second link to parse through the data to separate it out. If both English and Czech are in one column then you may need a language or text parser because that comes with complications. So install SQL Server 2005 trial version and create the database.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms144250.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms179886.aspx

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply