I would like to know some table names and fact table names in Banking projects.Will somebody please provide them

• I would like to know some table names and fact table names in Banking projects.Will somebody please provide them

• Why?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • This is a very odd request.. And I think covered by every NDA I've ever signed.

CEWII

• Well, if you just want a generic idea...

Account, Security, AmortizationCalculations, OutstandingLoans, etc...

What are you trying to do here? If you're looking for someone to hand you a built design that's pretty much out of the question. If you're looking for help in a specific area, we'll do what we can without, as already mentioned, breaking our NDAs.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• 1340sreehari (6/17/2011)

I would like to know some table names and fact table names in Banking projects.Will somebody please provide them

No DIM tables? I was going to add DIM_DATE to the list but now I can't 🙂

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
  • Are you refering to investment banking ?

Generally there are groups of data such as

Company data

Sector data

Trading data

Corporate filings provide a rich source of information , you could have a look at a company quarterly filing or even annual filling to get an idea of what dimensions and facts should be covered. Are you planning to do data mining ?

Jayanth Kurup[/url]

• I agree with Elliott, very odd and covered by my NDA, and to add to what Craig here are some generic tables you can use - CutomerInfo, CustomerTrxns, ExchangeRate, CustomerSecurity, etc etc

HTH

taybre 😛

HTH :-):-)
    taybre

For better, quicker answers on T-SQL questions, click on the following...
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/

For better answers on performance questions, click on the following...
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply