I was asked in a interview

• How to send an notification email whenever the job gets failed for a SSIS package.

• That's interesting. What was your answer?

John

• That's actually good question...indirectly asking how well you know how things are set up within the SQL Agent - so what was your answer?

______________________________________________________________________________Never argue with an idiot; Theyll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• It is a good question.

I'd hope for answers along the lines of, "There are several options, depending on the server settings (including whether dbmail has been enabled or not), the server version (dbmail may not even be an option), and how customized you want the alerts. The options include..." and then you can expand on that from there to include some of the ways it can be done and the pros and cons of each.

I'd hope for an understanding of the proper use of email delivery groups for that kind of thing, but that wouldn't be part of the answer, just a somewhat sequitur follow-up comment.

How was the rest of the interview? Similarly high-quality questions?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply