I see a session in SQL Activity Monitor But no Task State

• What does it mean when there is a session in Activity Monitor but the task state, Command, Wait time, and Wait Type are all blank?

• Also, I have 2 sessions which are showing for my database in Activity Monitor. I don't know of anything that should be currently running on this database. Is there a way to map the session ID to the source causing this to be executed?

• it really depends on the application that is connecting;

For example, I have a dozen tabs open in SSMS to various databases;each tab shows up as a sessionID; they all exhibit the behavior you describe; they are just sitting there, connected, waiting for me to run a command.

a different app I fired up is doing the same...I can see it's connected, but since it's not hammering the database, just waiting for me to click something that might fetch some data, I'd call that normal.

If you look at some of the other columns, like Login,Application Name and Host Name , does that help you identify machines which are currently connected, but not actually in the middle of issuing any commands?

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply