I Love the SQL Community

• LSAdvantage (8/30/2010)

This community is priceless. This is the first place I look when I need to find a solution to a problem. And quite honestly, this is the only technical website I visit regularly.

[font="Arial Black"]I agree wholeheartedly. I am the only person in my company who understands SQL server, databases or most technical issues. My coworkers are experts in other areas and we are a small company.

Thanks to the hosts of SSC and to all the contributors for giving me a place to find answers to my thorny, nagging problems large and small. Usually I find what I'm looking for with a quick keyword search due to the site's great organization. If I still have unanswered questions, this is a safe place to ask them without fear of humiliation. I also find a lot of value in the lively discussions that many questions provoke among members.

Because of the environment here I tune in as often as my work allows. I have learned a fantastic amount of reliable, useful information since I opened my account. My T-SQL and other DBA skills have improved greatly. And since it is free it really is priceless. 😀

[/font]

• Thank you to everyone involved in this community. The internet is full of faceless posts but here it feels like I know the people behind the posts. It makes a big difference. I have to say that this is my first port of call too when I am faced with an issue. The people who make up this community aren't grandstanding but really want to help and educate along the way. I really appreciate it. That's it! This place has the "human touch"! 😀

Cheers!

Nicole Bowman

Nothing is forever.

• Manie Verster (8/30/2010)

I have been looking out for SQL events in South Africa but have not seen any. Gail had arranged something a while back and I don't know what happened with that.

Um... You do have my email or you could PM me (or mail me) here.

Nothing's changed, same time of month, same time of day.

http://www.sqlusergroup.co.za/

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Alvin Ramard (8/30/2010)

Also consider starting a user group in the area. Starting a user group is not that hard. Keeping it going is not that hard either, if you have interested people. You don't need big name presenters either.

There is a local usergroup, going fairly well despite a couple problems that the leads are having. Been going steadily for almost 2 years now. I know, because I run it.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Steve, nice editoral, as usual. Very much looking forward to meeting you in person next week!

It's funny -- SQL is my secondary, not my primary, focus (for those not in the know, I'm actually a developer first); yet I feel very much a part of this community. I do enough work with SQL to warrant my presence here, and I've enjoyed my time in this community!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• "Please feel free to say hi"

Hi.

• Hi, back. @=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply