@TS,

@TD

)

This query is executed many times a day

This table has 1.233.666 records

Has 3 indexes :

1 clustered index ( primary key )  fill factor = 90 %

1 nonclustered index based on ReaderId.--> fill factor = 80 %

1 nonclustered index based on FileId with included column (Id) -- > fill factor = 0%

Pls kindly advise ...

Thanks a lot ]

Cheers

• Quick question, can you post the full DDL of the table and the indices?

😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson (10/14/2014)

Quick question, can you post the full DDL of the table and the indices?

😎

in addition to the above question, is there any Trigger on this table ?

• How have you identified that this insert is the cause of the high CPU condition?

Based on this limited information, unless there is a trigger or triggers, a singleton insert doesn't seem like something that would cause high CPU.

• ...Unless you're calling the insert individually (i.e. once for every readerID and fileId being inserted). Is there any way to group up/batch up the inserts? Doing 1M x 1 row is NOT the same as doing 1 x 1M rows. SQL Server is built to deal with sets of info, so sending in a bunch at a time could dramatically improve inserts. Of course - not knowing the data types, you could be running into high levels of page splits (granted I know what your fill factor is, but that's only the starting factor).

Again - assuming it's even possible to do so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply