how to store large files in sqlserver 2008

• What you are doing is putting the string 'C:\test.doc' into the column DATA. You need to put the document into this column.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• Yes i did . it was inserted. now the size is 10MB. I think sql server will look from the file stream location after inserting the document not from the original file location. Am i correct? what happens if that GUID file was removed?

I remove the GUID file from the file stream location, Now i execute the select query to retrieve data from that table. i am getting error (A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)

why this error raises. i cant able to retrieve other data also from that table.

how to resolve this issues. My current project needs more security for the documents.

I thank each and every one for sharing ideas.

Regards

Rock..

• As a minimum, you need to set NTFS security on the Filestream storage location so that only the SQL Server service account can delete files.

If you are not going to allow applications to access the Filestream store via a share, then the NTFS permissions can be set to block read access to everyone except for the service account and the DBAs.

All this is standard NTFS file protection stuff.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• I got you

Thank you very much for sharing

Regards

Rock...

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply