how to split following string

• Heh... p.s.

I know this is a 2k forum, but anyone want to challenge with a CLR? The only way I can see a CLR coming close on this one is if it's a RegEx CLR which is one of the very few types of CLR's that can actually beat good set based programming in SQL Server. Of course, I could be wrong... 😛

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• bkDBA (2/18/2009)

Jeff Moden (2/14/2009)

Thanks, Brian. My short term memory is pretty well shot... correct me if I'm wrong, please... you weren't one of the folks that came up and introduced yourself after the presentation, were you?

No I wasn't... so your memory is still intact! I'd be very interested in some more statistics with your approaches. I love proving to people I can do something in 5 seconds when they swear it's not possible and will take at least 1 hour in .NET, unless we add more processors...

Darn, you replied already. I was going to suggest you tell him you did, and talked for 5 minutes or more . . .:P

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Agreed..

There is no need to use REVERSE in LEN function.. its silly

may be just ignored it.. honestly never thought about performance:hehe:

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply