How to schedule "Import Data" from MSAccess to sql server

• I need a script or any which should import data from ms access to sql server (in existing database and tables) mainly specific tablels from ms access, table names will be the same and why script means every day in the morning i need to import data from ms access tables to sql server tables since using these sql server tables there is scheduled operation (report generation) in sql server tables.

Can any one help me in doing this

Thanks in advance,

Praveen Kumar Palla.

• You could do this a couple of ways both of which will require that you setup a SQL Server Agent Job to schedule the execution the process:

1. Use SSIS as this is what it is designed for. An MS Access source and a SQL Server destination

2. Use OPENROWSET/OPENQUERY

• Thanks for the response

I am having issues when using integration services project from sql server...

USing SSIS how can i import data from MS Access to SQL Server

Can you please suggest me or any sample?

Thanks in advance

Praveen Kumar Palla

• Is something preventing you from simply linking to the Access DB as an external linked server? Then you simply work with the Access data as you would after (an unnecessary?) batch transfer to some SQL Server staging table?

• praveenkumarpalla (2/24/2010)

Thanks for the response

I am having issues when using integration services project from sql server...

USing SSIS how can i import data from MS Access to SQL Server

Can you please suggest me or any sample?

Thanks in advance

Praveen Kumar Palla

The easiest way to use SSIS for a simple import is to use the Wizard..

on SSMS rirght click on the datasee --> Tasks --> import data

You can then save this package and edit in BIDS if neccesary.

The wizard can also be invoked from BIDS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply