How to return DTS satus(fail or success) using command prompt utility

• Hi,

Anyone know about that, how to return dts status (fail or success) using command prompt utility.

Please help me,

Saravanan.

Kindest Regards,

Saravanan V
    geocities.com

• Within the DTS package creation utility, in Enterprise Manager, you can set the order of events, and what path that order will take on success or failure of a step. Going by memory (which it's been a bit since I've done this, so this may be a touch off but close.), right-click on the path between steps and change the execute condition to "on success" or "on failure" depending upon which way you are going.

You could do something as simple as having 2 possible steps, one for success and one for failure, each of which send a "net send" to a specified alias on the network with either the word failure or success. Or you could go to the level of having a small application which gets run with either a success or failure input variable.

Outside that, unless you really want to use a command shell for some reason, you could setup SQLMail and have a step which uses xp_send_mail to send a specified person or group a success/failure notification.

• Hi John Laska,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try that way.

Saravanan.

Kindest Regards,

Saravanan V
    geocities.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply