How to restore a deleted detail row in BI Dev Studio, SSRS 2008 (not R2)?

• My question is essentially the same one in this thread that seems to have been abandoned before a resolution was arrived at: http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic952147-150-1.aspx.

Basically, I deleted the detail row in a tablix a while ago (undo is not an option) and now I want it back but cannot find any way to get it back. I've tried right-clicking on just about everything; the row headers was the first thing I tried. I'm using SSRS 2008, not R2! And I'm doing this in Business Intelligence Development Studio.

Thank you for your help!

• Pull up the prior version from source control and recover it from there, is, I'm assuming, out of the question. That's the only reliable means I can think of.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Right, not an option, but thanks. More than a desire to resolve my problem (I could toss my current version of the report and re-start from scratch) is a desire to understand how this is done as a matter of knowledge.

• I think source control and versioning, of some sort, is the only way to do this kind of thing.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• For all the respect I have for MS, I've felt this level of frustration with their products several times. As an app developer, myself, I don't think I could sleep at night if I put in the capability to delete something that the user couldn't add back in. Somehow, MS has no problem doing that. And what you're saying seems to be in line with what I'm finding on this topic--absolutely nothing.

Anyway, thanks for your time on on this. At least now I know it can't be done in the interface.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply