How to resolve issue while installing service pack

• Hi friends,

after installing a service pack ...one of the user asked dba that their database is not working properly that is because sp was not installed properly...what we have to do in this case.

please help as i am new to this field.

thanks on advance.

Regards,
    SAM
    ***Share your knowledge.It’s a way to achieve immortality----Dalai Lama***

• you will have to more specific.

What is the error message that the user is getting? Is the database in a normal \ suspect \ or recovery state? are all your SQL services running?

MCSE SQL Server 2012\2014\2016

• Not working properly is very generic.... errors..... slowness.... wrong results via query.......

What version of SQL Server and what service pack did you upgrade from and to.... also... be very specific on what is not working properly... when you applied the service pack did it say success? Did you look at the server and sql server logs for any errors.... did it actually show the upgraded version>?

• Did you take a backup of the system databases prior to the to the upgrade? If so, and you have no idea (you haven't provided much information) about how to resolve it so I would look to rebuild a new instance, To the level it was prior to the upgrade.

I have only had this once where the the database would not come online and had to rebuild.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply