How to import db data from the old mdb file to the new database?

• And Gift is your first name?

Yet have to fight another battle now. "Failed to access IIS metabase"

Back to my microsoft

• Again minor pesky problem and yep Gift is my name.

http://blog.devstone.com/Aaron/archive/2006/05/08/1586.aspx

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• I defeated my microsoft today

1. I have  both ASP.NET 1.1 and 2.0/Visual Studio 2003 and 2005 on my machine so I got

"Failed to access IIS metabase"

In the command line I typed

C:

cd WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727aspnet_regiis.exe -u    

aspnet_regiis.exe -i     

2. New error:

Mutex could not be created.

run aspnet_regiis -ga domain\account

and after that restarted IIS

3.  Tried to debug. New Error:

Integrated windows authentication is not enabled

Went to IIS, right click on the the application's virtual directory

and then clicked on Properties.

Clicked the Directory Security tab.

Under Anonymous access and authentication control, clicked on Edit. 

deselected Anonymous access check box, selected  Integrated Windows authentication check box.

In application's Web.config file :

<system.web>

<authentication mode="Windows"/>

</system.web>

• I have to say this having read this thread.

half the problem with the IT industry is people doing jobs for which they are not qualified, and not owning up when they don't know something.

There is nothing wrong with being a LAMOP and I assume you told your new employes what your skillset was when you started, in which case they should either supply you training or get you working with someone who knows the relevant skillsets.

If you exxagerated your skillset and have continued to lie about your knowledge to your employer you are headed for a fall and no matter how much you get people on forums to do your work for you you will hit a wall.

My advice read a lot and learn and also fess up to what you don't know to your employer and get them to get you some training.

Mr Peter Livesey

• I think you are stupid accusing people without knowing the situation

I came from the open source world and in my resume there was nothing regarding the Microsoft. I was hired because my employer had confidence in me. We have mixed enviroment from ancient Unix systems and open source to the latest Microsoft stuff and I need to be Jack of all trades.

Since I started I got couple of bonuses already.  There is no other developers around at my work and my employer cannot provide training. I learn myself. I ask questions but often I find answers faster myself than I was given answers (and not by people like you).

If I know answers, I like to help other people too. In my previous company that was all open source I had a person who came from the Microsoft and I helped him a lot without calling him a lier or lazy etc.

I believe you are just a bad person in general who likes to attack people.  It's not how much you know, but your ability to learn and help others that matter.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply